WE KNOW GETTING YOUR FIRST CAREER OPPORTUNITY IN SCIENCE IS HARD, WE’VE GOT THE RIGHT FORMULA TO JUMPSTART YOUR CAREER!
The Kelly Services Future Scientist Award gives final-year science students and recent science graduates the opportunity to present themselves to a panel of leading scientific employers, receive important job search advice from our science recruitment specialists, PLUS the chance to win $1000!
Five winners (NSW/ACT, QLD, SA, VIC/TAS, WA/NT) will receive $1000*, insights and opportunities within their scientific field, as well as the honour of being named a Kelly Future Scientist!
Now in its third year, applications for the Award are open to young scientists across Australia and it is a money-can’t-buy opportunity to connect with senior leaders in the industry – previous panellists have included Laboratory Services Managers, Technical Operations Directors, HR Managers and more from medical technology, chemical, analytical chemistry, diagnostics, brewing and pharmaceutical companies, among others.
How it works
- Complete the form on this page and tell us in 250 words or less why you should be named a Kelly Future Scientist! Tip: Check out the criteria below for ideas of what to include!
- State Finalists are selected by the Kelly Scientific Resources team
- Finalists^ are invited to present their goals, ideas and plans for the future of science to a panel of industry leaders and innovators in October
- The winner in each state is selected by the panellists and announced by Kelly Scientific Resources
- The winners receive a $1000 prepaid visa gift card, a Kelly Services Future Scientist Lab Coat and a personal mentoring session with Kelly Services Senior Consultants and State Manager!
All finalists also receive:
- Exclusive access to Kelly's top employers and opportunities for full-time employment**
- A training session with Kelly Services Senior Consultants
- Kelly-branded merchandise
The Future Scientist Award finalists and winners are chosen based on their scientific values as well as their academic performance, including;
- Demonstrated achievements and academic competency
- Involvement with scientific communities
- Likely (or existing) contribution to their chosen field
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with scientific and non-scientific colleagues
- How their technical skills and character traits will be of benefit to the workforce
Eligibility - Applicants for the Kelly Future Scientist Award program must be:
- In the final semester of, or graduated in the last 6 months from a Bachelor of Science, BSc Hons, MSc or PhD (science discipline).
- A resident with full working rights in Australia
- An entry-level candidate looking to start their science career
- Currently unemployed and/or on the market for a permanent full-time role
- Available for phone, face-to-face interviews and presentation to Award panel during October
Applications close Monday 24th September at 7pm AEST.
*$1000 cash prize will be in the form of a prepaid visa gift card.
**No guarantees of employment contract, Kelly Services will introduce finalists to potential employers.
^Finalists are responsible for making their own way to the judging day